Thursday, June 25, 2009

Feelings

Today has been one of feelings. Nothing more than that. Michael Jackson died today, and I think Farrah Fawcett died yesterday. These two actors were icons as I was growing up. Michael Jackson's music is what I danced to back in my twenties. Wow, an era has gone by. Now my own son is twenty.

I also just want to take a moment here and say that I am extremely embarrassed about asking for money for the tortillas at dad's party. Normally, I never would do that. I usually don't take leftovers home either. As a matter of fact, I left the extra tortillas and a multitude of sour cream and thought nothing of it. I guess I just was thinking about how I bought too many of those good tortillas from Taco Time that others might want to buy a package. I should have kept my mouth shut because it has bothered me ever since. I am sorry - so very sorry.

Also, I am sorry I didn't help clean up. I was really hurting that day, but that is no excuse. I should have helped. I will make more of an effort to do so at future family functions. I feel sometimes like the family talks behind my back about my lack of ettiquette. (Probably not true, it's just my own lack of confidence/esteem.) I do apologize and hope that you all will forgive me.

I love you all very much and would not ever intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. Life is too short to carry the pain.

Love, Mel

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have had quite a week.

    Now as for your embarrassment, there is no need for it. You have such a gentle heart and so much compassion for others which makes you scrutinize your actions more. No one thought twice about the tortillas, silly girl. Also, there were plenty of hands in the kitchen and you should never feel you need to apologize for not feeling well.
    My dear sister, no one talks about you behind your back, we all love you dearly. I hope you have a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,Mel...I'm impressed. I tried to do a blog and I can't figure it all out. Remember, I am a few years older, so I'm more behind on technology than you. I told you don't worry about the tortilla thing. If I worried about all the things I've said without thinking, I'd be in a mental hospital. And we managed the clean up just fine...no need for you to put yourself through pain just to prove something. We already know the kindness of your heart. Thanks so much for your contribution and for being there with us when you weren't feeling well. Love your blog - keep up the great work!
    Love Always, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEL! ! !

    Great, I was feeling fine about that night thinking that all went well but now I feel bad too that I didnt help clean up. How could you not only not clean up but now make me feel bad about it as well? (smile) Mel, you are so funny. No one is talking about you behind your back, we only talk about Shane behind his back you should know that by now. sorry Shane if you are reading this.

    Okay, Okay, Okay... enough about that. You are right about the fact that life is too short to worry about that stuff. wait, my life isnt short. I am going to be around for a long time. I guess I should start caring about what people are saying about me. so who is it? come on, I know you are all talking about me. well if you do talk, just be sure you are talking to me as well. I love ya all and love to talk to all of you.

    Nice wallpaper on your Blog Mel. Julie wanted me to change ours but I told her NO WAY. I think I want to keep it the same so that people will know for sure they have hit the right web site when they visit. I dont like change. That is why I keep each of you as family. I would get a new one, but it is so much work.

    Keep on Keepin on. !!

    ReplyDelete