Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dad's 80th Birthday Party

I knew today would be a better day, in spite of the rain. So we didn't get to swim. The small children didn't seem to mind swimming in the rain. After all, the pool was 95 degrees. As usual, Shane and Deb were the perfect hosts. Everything was so nice from the Mexican Fiesta decorations to the wonderful food buffet of Mexican tacos, fruit salad, virgin margaritas, and many many desserts. Shoni had prepared a wonderful photo video of dad's life and with Shane's help it was set to music. In fact, it was Jim Reeve's music and singing - one of dad's favorite and one that I remember when I was growing up. We saw so many people from my childhood. The Eubanks, the Yates, the Lunts, Sheryl Bohn, dad's sister Liz, and so many more. It was wonderful to see them. I think dad enjoyed his party. We sure enjoyed giving it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment