Friday, June 19, 2009

A Day of Bad Luck

I kept wondering if today was Friday the 13th or something. I got to work and my boss called. He sounded awful. He said he had been up all night in the ER. His wife and son have the swine flu. Of course we all worried about that. Everyone is taking precautions at work. Then I got a call from one of the area office coordinators that I work with. He and his wife just bought 4 wheelers for the summer and wanted to try them out this last weekend. His wife crashed, broke her arm and pelvis. He was trying to work and go to the hospital to see her. Another secretary that I work with - her father passed away. After that phone call, someone saw our senior missionary on a stretcher. He had just passed my desk an hour before and now he was having a heart attack. Then Malek called me and said that Discover Card had won the battle and he was no longer eligible for unemployment benefits. Hello - what a day!

I am so looking forward to seeing the family tomorrow for Dad's birthday party. I know it has to be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment