Sunday, October 18, 2009

Condo for Sale

For the past six months I have come to realize that the move to this condo was a bit more than I could afford, but somehow we have been able to keep our home. Unfortunately, the time has come that we need to move. Our debt has exceeded our income and now it is time for a reality check. I need to live in an apartment. I won't have to deal with lawns or mowers or things going out. I won't have to worry about HOA fees. My rent will be much lower than my current mortgage and we'll be able to "live" again. I am selling my home by "short sale", which means that there won't be any money that I have to put in to pay realtors, but my credit will take a serious hit for a few years. Having been one who prided myself on my excellent credit, this was quite a blow to me. But then, it is worse of a blow to not be able to afford where you live. Lesson learned. Evan and Julie have been through it and much more...so I too will get through this. I understand that this process can take several months. For now, our goal is to get out of debt. Debt is definitely bondage. I guess we're never too old to learn life's hard lessons. Since I have made this decision, I have already felt a big weight lifted from my shoulders so I know it is the right thing to do. I will keep everyone updated when I finally get to move.

1 comment:

  1. Now I know I posted a comment on here earlier but for some reason it must not have saved correctly.

    I know this has been a tough decision for you and I'm sorry that you will be losing so much. Just remember that it is only wood and nails, and you are making the best possible decision. The Lord is looking out for you, I know because I have been there, done that and will have to do it again.

    When Evan passes I will have to sell my house so I can survive on my own. Who knows, maybe some day we can buy a little house together and be two little old spinster sisters with our little puppies and overstuffed couch pillows. teehehehehe

    Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete