Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hospital Visit

Once again, yours truly had to make a run to the ER. Saturday morning I awoke with tremendous pain in my right side. I just dealt with it until Monday when I decided to visit the nurse at work to see what it was. It hadn't subsided at all and it was quite painful. They told me I needed to go to the ER to get it checked out. Malek came and got me and we went to St. Marks. At first they thought it could be the gall bladder, then they thought it could be kidney stones, but it was neither, it was a muscle spasm. I never in my wildest dreams thought that was what it was. I had had a muscle spasm in my jaw before and it didn't feel anything like this one. It felt like knives were stabbing me from the inside out. The morphine they gave me helped as long as I layed still, but my breathing was so shallow, they had to give me oxygen too. I couldn't take a deep breath at all. Anyway, I returned to work the next day. It is now Wednesday, day 5 of the spasm and it still has not gone away, but it has settled down to the point that I can work. I am hoping it won't take too long before I can take a deep breath again. It was good timing because Malek actually thought school started that day, but it turned out that it started on Wednesday. He was able to stay with me the whole time. He was such a trooper. He took great care of me. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

Malek and I went to Roger Christensen's daughter's wedding reception last Friday. It was in the stakehouse gymnasium, but it was the most elegantly decorated that I have ever seen. Roger hugged Malek. They both have talked to each other before and had established a good relationship. I was so happy to see them hug. He has been getting thoughts of what is nice for a wedding for his future and he keeps asking me "The woman pays for most of it, right?" What can I say? There is etiquette and then there is practicality. Actually, I am hopeful that he will make a good choice for a wife one day. We can worry about the rest later. It was nice to see how the Christensen's decorated though. The whole occassion was quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment